sábado, 22 de febrero de 2014

All we have Bookmarks, Why we don't share ?


I am not against Google, just is the most popular search engine that is why I am using it like example.

Hello stranger, like you I also spend a lot time using search engines to find something on internet, for example Google. And sometimes I search page by page until find something that I consider useful to me.

What do I do when I found some website that was difficult to find ?

Well, I save it like a bookmark, because you know...Google might forget this website in any moment and disappear from results for all this reasons and this. Each year, Google changes its search algorithm around 500–600 times. While most of these changes are minor, Google occasionally rolls out a "major" algorithmic update, that affects search results in significant ways. When this happens, all the results change and many sites are lost who know where. 

If another user is searching the same thing that I searched before, he will waste the same time that I lost looking up the same information or worst, he never won’t find the information because the Google might not consider that website important this time. We are doom to obey his search algorithm.

The idea of United Bookmark is that you save all your bookmarks in one single place and share them with others users.

  • Share all your links that were difficult to find.
  • Share all your links that you consider important.
  • Share all your links that might help others users to find their answers.


Users helping others users not an algorithm telling you what to see. Once you add a bookmark, others users can share their own links with you, that they consider useful based on your bookmark description. You may find yourself adding bookmarks as well as sharing links with others users. You can help friends, or friends-of-friends with their bookmarks and grow our collection of bookmarks in order to help other people. It feels good to share… :)

All users can vote on all links, in that way you know what link is the best and discard links that may not have valuable content. Take for example a website of a grandmother’s recipe about sandwich. You can create a bookmark called : “Best recipes of sandwiches” and add this link of the grandmother’s website.

Once this bookmark is created other users can add others links with other recipes of sandwich that they found interesting. In that way you will have valuable links about recipes of sandwiches that others users tested and consider important to share with you.

 I am the person that think that getting answers from people is very different from retrieving information with algorithms. No matter how sophisticated algorithms become, they are still no match for the experience, inventiveness, and creativity of the human mind. People want answers from people searching the same thing.

United Bookmark is my idea to help these tiny websites not to be forgotten by Search engine algorithms and the same time share my bookmarks with others users.

United bookmark is in beta phase. That means :

  • Is an unfinished product.
  • Contain a lot of errors.
  • I am working to improve some features.
  • The interface and colors may change in the future.

If you find a error, I will be glad if you send me an email telling me about it to info@saulburgos.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario